Recognized as a leader in Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms, Power BI is a business analytics product and service that delivers insights to enable fast, informed decisions. It is also one of Microsoft’s most exciting products – frequently in the news, growing our user base very rapidly, and making waves across the industry.
Come join the team and be an integral part of developing features and solutions that provide world class data analytics experiences that help millions of customers across the planet get more out of their data. Leveraging the latest development technologies and platforms such as TypeScript, modern Angular, and Azure, Power BI spans everything from web client, desktop application, to backend services\workflows\APIs in the cloud. If you’re looking to develop software that helps business users as well as developers and spans the full stack, this team is for you.
As an Engineering Manager, you will recruit, coach, grow, and lead a team of talented and diverse engineers. You will be directly involved with developing and delivering innovative features and great end-user experiences for Power BI customers, responsible for efficient execution and delivering projects on time with high quality.
- Recruit and retain a diverse and talented team, coach and mentor engineers to help them grow
- Communicate and collaborate with partner teams across the Power Platform and beyond to ensure our business objectives are met
- Work with the leadership team of engineering mangers, architects, product managers, and design leads to prioritize critical feature work that enables us to reach our business objectives
- Monitor all aspects of the product, business, and feature execution, to identify patterns and opportunities, then apply that knowledge to future work
- Be a voice for the customer by listening to feedback channels, understanding the BI landscape, and showing empathy
- Define the tools and processes for your team to provide a framework for success
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Great problem solving and design skills, and passion for quality
- Great collaborative skills and ability to work well in a team
- Can-do attitude, with the ability to work through difficult issues
- Ability to see the big picture and stay one step ahead
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Advanced Sciences
- 3+ years of team management and/or technical leadership experience
- 6+ years of professional development experience designing, coding and debugging
- Experience leading complex software projects over multiple releases covering all stages of the product/service lifecycle
- Previous experience managing people.
- Web Development / SPA experience with technologies such as Angular / React / TypeScript
- Familiar with Agile methodologies like Scrum or Kanban
- Prior experience working with data visualizations or report creation
- Familiarity with any enterprise BI tool
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.