- Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred) in Computer Science or Engineering
- 8-12 years of technical Solution Architect experience, working with engineering teams to develop, launch and scale technical solutions.
- Minimum of 3 years of Linux product and technology experience
- Deep understanding of IT Datacenter Infrastructure, Application stacks, and Customer needs.
- Strong leader who can prioritize well, and understands how to drive focus and excellence within a strong, highly talented, and dedicated team
- Strong track record of delivering results
- Exceptional writing skills to create narratives, presentations, blogs and white papers
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences.· Ability to work effectively with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders, in a diverse and complex organization.
- Experience delivering technology services in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast.
. Comfortable presenting to and interfacing with leadership
Are you an innovator, builder and leader? Are you looking for an opportunity to use your Strategy, Engineering and Architecture experience to lead our commercial Linux products and technology platform, and help grow the most successful cloud business in the world? EC2, one of the largest Product and Technology teams within AWS, is looking for a Linux leader to strategize and accelerate adoption of customer workloads on AWS.
In this highly visible and cross-functional role, you will lead the charter of enabling excellent customer experience by offering best in class Linux platform capabilities, tools, and price-performance based on customer insights. You will be working with our top product and technology peers and leaders to help launch innovative product offerings, craft differentiated value propositions, and deliver high impact business results. You possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy – big-picture vision, as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms vision into reality.
As a Solutions Architect, you will be part of the larger technical leadership community at Amazon. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly. You will possess proven technical skills and have experience working with customers on defining and developing solutions to address their pain points. You will have deep knowledge and experience working with enterprise IT customers, infrastructure & application stacks, and Linux operating environments. You think strategically about the business and technical challenges for AWS customers, and come up with innovative ideas to solve them. You have a keen sense of ownership, drive, and entrepreneurship, and most importantly, you know how to earn trust and work cross-organizationally with internal and external stakeholders including – engineering, product management, services, marketing, sales, business development, and partner teams, as well as customer IT Executives, Architects, and Administrators, to deliver efficient and innovative solutions. You are versatile and able to thrive in a fast-moving, complex and entrepreneurial environment. You are comfortable managing multiple priorities and can bring order to ambiguous scenarios. Maturity, high judgment, and the ability to influence and lead are essential to success in this role. You are very data-driven and analytical, and can clearly & effectively communicate across organizations and senior leadership. You are passionate about cloud computing and can be a strong advocate for our customers.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead, own and drive the core commercial Linux technology platform strategy and goals
- Have a deep understanding of the Linux industry and technology trends, to enable you as a key influencer to technical and product teams internally as well as at key partners
. Work with customer technologists and leaders to understand key pain points, identify opportunities, and develop new and innovative solutions to ease their journey to AWS.
- Working backwards from the core customer pain points, develop new product feature docs/ FAQs to develop and lead new product and service launches to enhance the customer experience for running their Linux workloads on EC2.
. Develop and drive the strategy to drive growth in existing and new markets
- Manage technology relationships and roadmap alignment with strategic ISV technology partners
. Create Blogs, GTM material, sales/other training and actively participate in the enablement and activation of our various direct and indirect channels
- Collaborate with Business Development, Sales, Engineering, Product Mgt, Marketing, Partner, Professional Services, and Finance teams to drive and achieve the targeted goals
- Actively participate in hiring talented people and assist in the career development of other Product Managers
. Deeply understand the technical as well as business context of key decisions, and demonstrate high levels of overall creativity and judgment
- Engage with Analyst Relations.
. MS Computer Science
. Prior experience at Linux companies e.g. Red Hat, SUSE & Canonical.
- 5+ years of senior level technical experience strategizing, developing and delivering new technology products and services.
- Deep experience working within teams delivering software products and features using agile methodologies
. Excellent perceptive skills with ability to provide big picture insights from highly granular data.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.