- 7+ years of business development, consulting, product management, or solutions development experience or experience in selling to customers in industries such process manufacturing, automotive, CPG, or A&D.
- Experience with IT technologies such as data lakes, analytics, IoT, and AI/ML to optimize product engineering and design, manufacturing, and supply chain processes.
Do you have a passion for transforming manufacturing and industrial operations with cloud technologies? Are you an expert in how industrial companies and their partners are using cloud technology to revolutionize production and asset optimization, quality management, product engineering and design, and supply chain management processes for global customers? Do you have the industry background, technical depth, and business development skills needed to help further establish AWS as the leader in the manufacturing and industrial space ?
Manufacturing and industrial companies are looking to digital technologies such as cloud, analytics, AI/ML, and IoT to transform manufacturing, supply chain, product development, and other parts of the business. AWS is looking for a senior Business Development Specialist who understands business trends impacting the industry, and is passionate and capable of driving market development across the sector globally for AWS, leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to address the industrial transformation opportunity.
Your responsibilities will include engaging with key industry customers and engaging strategic industry partners, and creating significant new business opportunities for AWS. You will enable AWS sales teams selling to industry accounts to drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects for developing opportunities for industrial applications in manufacturing, product design and engineering, and supply chain management. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the industry, including partner based solutions. You will work closely with AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by manufacturing and industrial customers.
The ideal candidate will have a business development or consulting background, experience in IT-led transformation initiatives and experience in working with industrial customers including discrete and process manufacturing, automotive, A&D, and CPG industries at the CxO/VP level. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical enablement strategy for the global AWS for Industrial initiative.
- Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure it’s in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product teams, marketing, partner team, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
- Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for industrial customers
- Understand the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group
- Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- Education: MBA is preferred, technical background with Computer Science/Engineering/Math is a plus
- Deep understanding of the industrial automation systems and vendor landscape, and operational technology systems such as MES
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in a similar role
- Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, and lead through influence.
- The right person will be analytical and data-driven, and demonstrate balanced strategy and planning, and execution skills
- Working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking / database systems / core distributed computing concepts / fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization / storage systems / Analytics / emerging paradigms like IoT, Machine Learning, etc. is highly desired.
- CxO relationships and large network in the industry.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.