Careers that Change Lives | Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
A Day in the Life
This Principal Strategic Sourcing Specialist will be located at Medtronic’s Brooklyn Park, Minnesota manufacturing site, and will be the Sourcing liaison with Site Operations, Planning, Quality and Finance organizations in the resolution of supply related issues.
- Maintain and promote strong relationships with suppliers, Supplier Quality Engineering, Manufacturing, Planning, Finance, Quality, Commodity Management and any other internal customers.
- Liaison with the Commodity Management and Sourcing Engineering Teams in the development of commodity strategies, inputs and discussions about supplier score card and performance reviews (Quarterly Business Reviews).
- Participate in supplier visits and audits to drive continuous improvement activities (Cost of Poor Supplier Quality Support)
- Use problem solving techniques/methodologies to identify supplier delivery root cause and achieve resolution of production continuity events (support sCAPA when necessary)
- Knowledge of the quality system and responsible for following all applicable procedures
- Site support for regulatory body audits
- Daily stand up at Site production and Tier meetings. Attend other Staff meetings as needed
- Prioritize for expediting and coordinate with planning and receiving inbound daily receipts including incoming inspection
- Performs special projects as assigned including but not limited to: Lifecycle Management, material cost reduction initiatives (Price Point Variance), consignment agreements, KPI tracking and other projects within the business unit
- Cash Flow Initiatives: Support the Last time buy/Strategic and excess & obsolete process and follow-up scrap disposition at sites and monitor, implement consignment agreements and leverage Cardiovascular group to limit inventory costs
- Creation and presentation of monthly and quarterly Procurement key performance indicator reviews
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Nice to Have
- Prefer Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Materials Management or Supply Chain related field.
- Experience in leading and influencing negotiations, project management, troubleshooting and problem-solving analysis, strategic thinking and collaborative team building.
- Solid computer skills: i.e. Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project. Advanced Excel knowledge (vlookup, pivot tables, formulas, macros, etc.).
- Solid knowledge of procurement/planning principles, regulations, theories and processes.
- Expert understanding and experience with integrated manufacturing software systems
- Working knowledge of Demand Flow, JIT, K-Loop, Lean Manufacturing
- Must have knowledge of industry terminology, processes, work-flow and materials.
- Exposure to supply chain, planning, purchasing, materials and inventory control environment
- Self-starter who possesses ability to quickly analyze data and ask the right questions at the right time to get to a unified team oriented answer and solution
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)