Northrop Grumman Mission Systems has an opening for a Supply Chain Subcontracts Specialist 3, supporting DOD Naval and Marine related products for our Sunnyvale, CA location.
Sources and procures specialized goods and services.
- Owns contractual management for the supplier.
- Responsible for source selection from contract proposal to execution phases. Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users.
- Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services. Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts.
- In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules. Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations.
- Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
- Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded. Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers.
- Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed.
- Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
The Basic Qualifications the Level 3 Principal Supply Chain Subcontracts Specialist are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of business experience or a Master’s degree with 4+ years of business experience. Business experience shall be in subcontracts management, contracts management, and/or purchasing or related global supply chain and business management functions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Contracts and/or subcontracts experience on US Government contract(s), including negotiations
- Working knowledge of FAR and DFARS regulations
- Subcontracting experience with aircraft production and/or sustainment programs
- Experience working within a Government approved purchasing system
- Familiarity with NGAS Subcontracting terms and conditions
- Experience with SAP
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.