- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, compliance or related field.
- Minimum 20 years of relevant work experience in program/project management.
- Track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously in an environment that moves quickly
- Ability to self-direct, multitask, and prioritize constantly evolving workload.
- Experience in environmental regulations and sustainability programs such as renewable energy, waste or 3rd party certifications.
In this role, the ideal candidate will implement our sustainability strategy which includes social responsibility and environmental compliance. The successful candidate will champion the strategic vision and will be responsible for working cross-functionally to execute and report on these priorities. This opportunity requires excellent organizational, leadership and communication skills along with the ability to balance various stakeholders, expectations and timelines.
The candidate should be comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing and ambiguous environment and excited at the opportunity to build programs with ambitious goals. Ownership is extremely important, and candidates should have a proven record of delivering high quality results. Interpersonal skills and authenticity are key since at the core of the position is the ability to lead project teams to results with measurable impact.
- Ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency by developing processes, mechanisms and tools for programs including Circular Economy, Social Responsibility and Environmental Compliance.
- Develop metrics by which the entire organization can measure progress, impact and costs.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on an ongoing basis to ensure our strategy and goals remains aligned and relevant.
- Professionally communicate and present to key decision makers and leaders.
- Independently run strategic projects, including certification efforts and external stakeholder engagement.
- Manage vendors including consultants and testing labs to ensure results and accountability.
- MBA or related Master’s Degree
- Passion for circular economy, sustainability and technology
- Knowledge in regulatory requirements
- Experience working with policymakers and navigating government oversight
- Attention to detail in process improvement and data analysis.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work successfully with and influence a wide variety of complex and challenging stakeholders
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation