Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Principal Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analysis for total systems
- Analysis is performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposal
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of engineering experience OR
- Master’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of engineering experience
- Must have an active, in-scope DoD Secret level Security Clearance that has been granted/renewed within the past 6 years
- The ability to obtain additional Special Program Access clearances before establishing a start date as required for business needs
Preferred Qualifications for Principal Systems Engineer:
- Current special program access
- Accredited degree in information systems, engineering, or equivalent science
- Proficiency with MS office suite products
- Understanding of the application and development of functional and physical architectures, interfaces, and requirements in large systems using UML/SysML
- Understanding of requirements management tools such as Rhapsody, CORE, and DOORS
- Understanding of large system integration, verification planning and verification execution
- Team lead experience conducting working groups to address system wide technical activities and analysis to meet performance requirements
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and execute work tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Understanding the application and development of functional and physical architectures
- Experience in the military aerospace development environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.