Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced leader with expertise in privacy and public policy to support Facebook’s Ads Product Team.
In this role, you’ll help shape the company’s approach to privacy across the products that have empowered millions of businesses to grow. You’ll work closely with leaders across the company – including product managers, engineers, designers, researchers, attorneys, and communications and marketing teams – to build privacy into the products and services that we’re developing and shape Facebook’s privacy vision in these areas. You’ll also serve as a subject matter expert for Facebook’s global policy team on policy issues related to our ads products and you’ll work with our teams to evaluate and respond to legislative and regulatory developments that affect those products.
The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter, a good team player, and creative problem solver that is able to switch easily between detailed work and high-level strategic thinking. This candidate will be deeply familiar with consumer privacy and the online advertising industry, have a meaningful understanding of stakeholders and perspectives in the policy community, and be able to use this understanding to promote privacy in Facebook’s products and services – and to drive privacy improvements across our industry. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
- Work with software developers, designers, lawyers, product managers, and others to help interdisciplinary teams simultaneously address policy, legal, engineering, user interface, business, marketing and other privacy requirements
- Serve as an effective guide for Facebook regarding privacy issues, including in external meetings and conferences
- Build consensus around innovative solutions to privacy in new technologies and contexts
- 15+ years of experience with privacy, data security and technology policy issues
- Knowledge of privacy legislative and policy frameworks
- Experience counseling clients around privacy, data security, or policy issues and developing innovative approaches to product experiences
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and prioritizing multiple simultaneous projects
- Experience managing a team
- Experience working collaboratively with internal and external experts from multiple disciplines
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]