Process Lead (Associate Director or Director depending on experience) for a large, single-Sponsor, Functional Service Provider (FSP) relationship. Works directly with the Sponsor’s Process and Enablement team as well as the Sponsor’s Standards team to manage sponsor FSP-specific processes, lead the implementation of process change and drive continuous process improvement initiatives. Responsible for continuous review and improvement of Data Management FSP process model to ensure increased quality, efficiency and productivity of functional teams. Develop and maintain productivity and efficiency metrics to ensure an environment of continuous improvement and excellence in delivery. Overall responsibility gaining Sponsor acceptance and adherence to agreed-upon delivery model. Ensures compliance with regulations and training in both corporate and FSP processes and procedure. May be asked to lead strategic initiatives either within or outside of the FSP working with other functional and Sponsor management to ensure clear documentation and implementation.
Triage, manage and negotiate sponsor requests for initiatives, innovation and process changes and improvements
Central point of contact for the internal DM FSP team for highlighting process gaps and issues in FSP specific DM processes.
- Lead the identification and implementation of DM process solutions with effective internal and external stakeholder governance, including the negotiation, planning, documentation and communication of process change to the internal and external FSP DM teams
Review FSP Quality Incidents to determine and lead the implementation of process-related FSP level preventive actions.
Manage FSP DM process documentation, ensuring all FSP documents are synchronized and accessible
Using LEAN principles, continuous review of process and technology to ensure streamlined, cost-effective approaches are used in all aspect of Data Management Services
Track and drive to completion actions and decisions necessary to the delivery of Data Management services
- Work across IQVIA Data Management functions to lead activities for process and technology development and optimisation across the Partnership
Partner with IQVIA Data Management Innovation and Process Improvement groups to ensure most current technologies and process review techniques are being utilized to deliver to AZ
Lead the SME network, ensuring all process and technology areas are appropriately prioritised and proactively managed, with clarity of process, implementation, training and communication
Ensure adequate and appropriate resource assignment for each initiative.
Lead the Third Party Vendor SME network, main POC for AZ for Third Party Vendor process issues
Oversee ongoing technology innovation initiatives, EDC Build, Global Library, Reporting Tools and Staging Area
- Assess and provide input on staff performance
- Define and implement department and FSP objectives consistent with global objectives.
- Provide technical advice and solutions to solve problems and improve efficiency across functions, projects and customers.
- Monitor quality and efficiency across projects to identify trends and opportunities for improvements. Ensure sharing of
learning across projects and departments.
- Ensure that staff is trained and compliant with current operating procedures and work instructions and project scope of work.
- Mentor staff members to develop Data Management, drug development and business expertise.
- Manage relationship with customer functional peers.
- Provide operational input into proposals for large programs and strategic partnerships. Provide input to costing algorithms and standard proposal text.
- Attend customer meetings and lead discussions of process improvement and strategic planning.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typically requires a minimum of 7 – 10 years of prior relevant experience, including Data Management experience. Experience using LEAN principles to drive change in process and technology. Project Management experience preferred.
Requires broad management knowledge to lead teams, and well as the ability to influence others outside of own job area regarding policies, procedures, and goals.
Bachelor’s Degree Or educational equivalence, in clinical, biological or mathematical sciences, or related field, or nursing qualification with 12 years of experience including global drug development, and leading a data management function
Skills and Abilities
Advanced knowledge of Data Management processes and systems including new technologies
Knowledge and application of LEAN principles to improve process and increase efficiency and productivity
Knowledge of fundamental business processes
Outstanding written and oral communication skills
Proven leadership skills
Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to delegate and monitor quality of outputs
Outstanding negotiation, decision-making and problem solving skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Highly motivated with the ability to be strategic
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] to arrange for such an accommodation.