The Process Engineer will be the technical subject matter expert of their assigned process. He/she will be expected to determine the most effective method(s) of processing while improving cycle times, reducing downtime, lowering cost, and driving improvements in overall vehicle quality in order to ensure the continued performance of the process.
- Drive process improvements throughout vehicle assembly operations.
- Target key performance indicators such as quality, safety, rate, downtime, and number of processes.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement
- Work cross-functionally with manufacturing, design engineering, and other teams to define/qualify instructions, equipment, tools, materials, and training.
- Ensure a high level of safety and ergonomic compliance.
- Perform supporting activities for engineering and manufacturing including 5S and lean manufacturing activities, material handling improvements, production line configuration, and safety procedures.
- Utilize statistical process control (SPC) data and other statistical tools to characterize processes for operating performance.
- Monitor project schedules, timelines and deliverables using standard project management tools and engineering systems.
- Generate documentation for change controls and engineering qualification protocols to support process changes.
- Optimize work content to achieve a safe work environment, meet budget expectations, and exceed build quality standards.
- Bachelor ’s degree in mechanical, industrial or mechatronics engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 1-2+ years of previous manufacturing or vehicle assembly experience.
- Hands-on skills with hardware, tools, instruments, general electromechanical systems, measurement techniques.
- Experience with ergonomic process design, part variation control, and human factors effects on product.
- Data collection and analysis experience.
- Strong problem solving skills and an aptitude for quickly learning systems.
- Exceptional capacity to multitask and balance competing needs.
- Creative capacity for developing processes that prioritize speed, quality, and cost effectiveness.