Perform process sustaining for the manufacturing line on a variety of mechanical and paint assembly processes, tasks include: rework and disposition of non-conformance materials that come from the manufacturing line, train associates to the standard work, troubleshoot product and process issues, respond to out-of-control process, work on yield improvement projects, and qualify new equipment and process that are introduced into the manufacturing line. Perform supporting activities for engineering and manufacturing including 5S and Lean manufacturing activities, material handling improvements, production line configuration, and safety procedures. Manage workload with a positive attitude as a team player in a collaborative work environment.
- Develop formal training programs, train and lead a group of production associates on paint process by following the standard work instruction to meet Tesla quality standards.
- Write work instructions, setup workstations, and display best practice in paint building while keeping safety, ergonomics, quality, Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles in mind.
- Rework and/or disposition of all non-conformance materials.
- Day to day support of production line processes, including rapid response to out-of-control processes to minimize cost and maximize productivity.
- Work with Process and Quality Engineers to ensure manufacturing instructions and qualification schedules are always available and current.
- Must be flexible to support production schedule.
- Responsible with parts and tools inventory.
- Interface with Process, Quality, Design and NPI to identify and help resolve build issues with new and existing product.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s Degree or technical certificate is a plus.
- Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive, fast paced, team oriented work environment.
- 3 to 6 years experience in a manufacturing / Mass production environment.
- Minimum 1 year of Paint Process Experience
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles.
- Skilled with the use of a variety of hand tools and basic measurement tools.
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Skilled with common workplace software (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Minitab, etc).
- Able to interpret basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.