Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Location/Division Specific Information
This role is based out of Carlsbad, CA and is accountable to the entire Life Sciences Group. There should be the expectation of travel 30%-50% to build organizational relationships and lead process changes.
How will you make an impact?
Underdeveloped processes and strategies lead to supplier, inflation, and savings mismanagement impacting business performance. Your role will be to identify and implement strategies that optimize how we approach productivity to support our growth and customer requirements. The role will also lead projects that drive functional performance during key events (COVID19, Brexit, etc) as well as functional change.
What will you do?
- Leverage large data and process knowledge to drive functional improvements
- Partner with stakeholders to communicate and drive results
- Perform daily exception management to drive favorable KPI performance and initiate corrective actions as required.
- Recommend high- and micro- level improvement opportunities using analysis, reporting, and process flow understanding
- Use PPI Business systems to drive continuous improvement by initiating cross-functional projects with defined deliverables to maximize supply chain and price performance.
- Support analysis for procurement and related functions as necessary
- Create presentations to report out to different levels of management
This is a dynamic role that has constantly changing priorities and expectations. The above is not an exhaustive list, but just some of the activity that can be required from day to day in this role.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Life Sciences, Engineering or Equivalent Experience Required
- APICs Certification Preferred
- Experience in Procurement, Planning, Finance, Category Management, or Business Intelligence/Analytics
- Strong analytical and proven problem solving abilities. Demonstrated experience in analyzing significant amounts of data and turning it into actionable information
- Process improvement background (PPI, lean, six sigma, etc.) preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- SQL, Excel, Power Platforms Proficiencies
- Understanding of relationships between supply commodities, savings principles, and the effects on the bottom line.
- Self starter that champions their own development
- Proven Leadership Qualities
- Time and priority management
- Project Management
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.