Inovalon is seeking undergraduate college juniors, seniors, and graduate students with diverse academic backgrounds to join our Summer Internship Program this year. As a Product Development Intern, you will support our Product Development team, with the goal of enhancing your educational experience through practical, on-the-job learning, assignments, and projects. We value collaboration, foster innovation, and value the diverse intellectual capabilities that make up our strong, smart and passionate workforce.
Product Development Internship opportunities will be available remotely and at the Bowie, MD; and Washington, DC locations.
- Support the Product Development team with day-to-day work that covers various activities across the department;
- Develop business and financial models for a new innovation product;
- Write AI /python code to advance a new machine learning algorithm, concept;
- Build analytic models off Inovalon’ s data assets (MORE2) to commercialize and advance healthcare
- Lead or assist in the completion of projects, artifacts and/or process improvements, as assigned;
- Participate in departmental and/or staff meetings;
- Maintain compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures and mission statement;
- Adhere to confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon’s Operating Policies and Procedures; and
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Company.
Job Requirements/Internship Criteria:
- Ability to work independently and in teams;
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities;
- Ability to interact in a courteous, helpful, and professional manner;
- Well-organized, motivated, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment;
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers;
- Excelling coding ability;
- Great presenter;
- Possession of excellent critical thinking, business savvy, and analytical skills;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality; and
- Strong interpersonal skills including written communication and verbal communication skills.
- Must have junior, senior, or graduate student status in a degreed program at an accredited college/university;
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in data science, AI/Programming, Business or related field of study at an accredited college/university;
- Must have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA;
- A copy of your most recent unofficial transcript will be required for consideration.
Travel for this position will include less than 5%, usually for training purposes.