In this exciting role as a Product Engineer II you will have responsibility for product development activities for Medtronic microelectronic subassemblies. You will take products through all aspects of development from early design considerations, electrical PWB design through integration into manufacturing and market launch. This role requires high quality standards as our products are implantable medical devices. We also deliver compliance documentation in conformance with FDA federal regulations. The role requires a high level of technical rigor with respect to design activities and also requires leadership as the product engineer will drive many of the project decisions at the hybrid subassembly level.
The Cardiac and Vascular Group brings all of our cardiac and vascular businesses together into one cross-functional, collaborative operating unit to employ the full breadth of our talent, technologies, products, services, and solutions to address the needs of customers and patients across the globe.
CARDIAC RHYTHM AND HEART FAILURE offers devices and therapies to treat abnormal heart rhythms, as well as cardiac diagnostic and monitoring solutions.
A Day in the Life
- Responsible for production support engineering with respect to testing methods, procedures, and problems; hybrid electronics specification and yield problems; hybrid electronics design; analysis of customer returns; supplier related engineering changes and optimizing hybrid production relative to cost constraints.
- Assumes responsibility for hybrid electronics and/or internally produced or externally purchased components. Responsible for hybrid manufacturing builds during development.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2+ years of experience or Advanced Degree with 0+ years of experience
To be considered for this role, please ensure the minimum requirements are evident on your resume.
Nice to Have
- PWB design experience
- PWB modeling experience
- Strong electrical theory knowledge
- Strong electrical debug skills, especially with analog circuits
- Self-directed and strong follow-up skills
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)