- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in software product management.
- Product Management experience in at least two of the following areas: Web Platforms, Identity, Payments
- Experience creating product roadmaps from conception to launch, driving the product vision, defining go-to-market strategy, and leading design discussions
- Experience with web development
- Experience working as a product manager on a platform product
- Experience working on products with an open community of contributors/collaborators
- Ability to define metrics, generate basic dashboards (SQL), and design experimentation plans (e.g., A/B tests)
- A strong personal interest in ecosystem strategy and dynamics/
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world’s information. We’re responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
This role is part of the Chrome’s Web Platform team. The mission of the Chrome Web Platform team is to ensure the Open Web is the premier technology platform for experiencing the world’s information, and to deliver the world’s best implementation of the Web Platform. As part of the Web Platform team you are responsible for defining the future of the web in collaboration with the broader web community. Through this role you have the opportunity to impact and improve the lives of billions of users and millions of web developers globally.
Google aims to build products that organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible to our users. As a Product Manager at Google, you could be working on new technologies, platforms, consumer facing products, and/or enterprise systems. The end goal will be to match you with the team that best aligns with your interests, experience, and where you will have the most impact.
- Define a vision, strategy and roadmap for the future of identity and payments on the Web from the perspective of both end users and developers.
- Work with UX, UXR, data science, developer relations, and engineering to define and build Platform APIs, browser surfaces, and product metrics.
- Work with and influence the broader identity and payments communities through 1:1 interactions with key partners and standards bodies.
- Partner closely with other Google teams intersecting with payments and identity to support their product requirements while simultaneously ensuring alignment with the long-term health of the Open Web.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.