- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working with Data Analytics technology and cloud solutions.
- Ability to keep up with the pulse of industry trends, with an eye on the data analytics landscape to discover what’s new, what competitors are doing, and which innovations are coming next
- Demonstrated product marketing abilities that propel adoption and market momentum; a track record of bringing innovative tech products to market
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, dynamic, and fast-paced work environment with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
About the job
Google is developing groundbreaking cloud solutions for companies, leveraging years of experience in building secure, reliable, and scalable cloud technology. With excellent Google differentiation in data analytics and machine learning, security, application development and collaboration software, we’re well on our way – but we need more people who can help us write and tell that story. If you’re as excited about building what’s next as we are, Google Cloud is the place for you.
As the Product Marketing Manager for Databases, Google Cloud you’ll work on our lead products across Spanner, CloudSQL, BigTable and more across our overall database and analytics portfolio. You’ll be responsible for key aspects of go-to-market, own messaging and positioning for your solutions, and orchestrate marketing execution across campaigns, social teams. You can synthesize complex product capabilities into succinct customer benefits. You are resourceful and don’t let constraints hold you back.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving marketing programs for our Data Management offerings specifically around our solutions across analytical apps, data warehousing, IT modernization and data-driven application development solutions. You must be able to generate high-impact ideas, clearly prioritize workloads, manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion.
Success in this role will require the development of strong working relationships and interactions with customers, engineering teams, and other product and marketing groups across Google.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Develop messaging and marketing initiatives that align with the different types of buyers/users of our cloud products and solutions (e.g., CIOs, business buyers, developers)
- Work with the product teams to promote launches and ensure current and new products are positioned effectively in the market
- Build out successful GTM tactics including videos, industry research collateral, e-books, blogs, reference selling
- Collaborate with other marketing teams (e.g. campaigns, demand generation, field teams, events) to drive and execute on global marketing initiatives
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.