Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an individual who is passionate about news and combating the spread of misinformation on our platform. This position will be responsible for helping to shape product roadmaps and executing against global launch plans to bring products to market.The focus of this role will be on bringing the needs and perspective of the news publishing and fact-checking ecosystem into product planning to help Facebook build news products that give people news that they can trust and that strengthens their communities.The successful candidate is both data-driven and has the ability to synthesize market trends in media and related business models, and can effectively work with colleagues across the company to drive results. This product marketing role is focused on the inbound phase of product marketing with content producers (publishers and third party fact-checkers) as well as the initial phases of outbound product marketing. Inbound product marketing responsibilities include foundational analysis to identify market needs by producer segment, opportunity sizing, gathering deep feedback from internal and external stakeholders, representing the “view of the publisher” and running alpha and beta testing processes. Outbound product marketing responsibilities include leading launch planning including associated messaging and positioning. This role is highly cross-functional and will work closely with the Product, Engineering, Media Partnerships, Design, Research, Communications and Marketing teams.This is a full-time position.
- Drive product strategy bridging short-term execution and long-term vision
- Identify opportunities and represent view of the market by conducting industry research, including deep quantitative, qualitative and competitive analysis
- Analyze product performance, synthesize customer feedback and advocate improvements
- Oversee go-to-market efforts globally to support product launches and scaled adoption
- Manage comprehensive, cross-functional activities including betas, positioning, policy and product documentation
- Partner with the Product Management, Media Partnerships, Engineering, Sales, Communications and other key teams
- 5+ years of experience working in a product marketing, product management, management consulting, product strategy or equivalent function (partnered with product management and/or engineering on strategy and go-to-market)
- BA/BS degree
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]