- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in consulting/development role supporting teams, customers and/or partners, program management, product commercialization.
- MBA or Master’s degree in a management, technical or engineering field.
- 10 years of hands-on experience with internet products and technologies.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Effective design, project management, analytical, troubleshooting, influencing and problem-solving skills.
About the job
gTech’s Product and Tools Operations team (gPTO) leverages deep user, operational, and technical insights to innovate Google’s Ads products into customer experiences that are so intuitive (or automated) that they require no support at all. gPTO partners closely with gTech’s Support, Professional Services, Product Management, and Engineering teams to innovate and simplify our Ads products and build the productivity tools ecosystem for gTech users.
The gPTO team sits at the intersection of sales, support, product and engineering, helping to launch critical products and services across the Google Ads business. Our focus is on bringing insights to these teams to improve product, help customers grow the business and improve the overall customer experience.
As a Product Operations Manager you will be involved in the complete lifecycle of product development as a voice of the advertiser bringing in insights from technical support and technical consultants within gTech. You will work closely with product management, engineering and global sales teams in developing product strategy with advertiser experience in mind while balancing it with what is feasible. This is a role for a problem solver who is excited about bringing the right Google products to our advertisers.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of trusted advisors support customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
To learn more about gTech, check out our video.
- Develop creative ideas to address identified gaps, and influence relevant stakeholders to get buy-in for implementing proposed solutions.
- Derive critical insights by analyzing and connecting disparate data sets across the business, to unlock opportunities for improvement across product, operations and knowledge management.
- Manage a diverse set of stakeholders and influencing to achieve desired outcomes. Improve product feature offerings by providing partner feedback to internal cross-functional teams, including product management, engineering and business solutions teams.
- Design effective launch programs with partners to ensure that new products and feature releases are tested before broad-scale deployment. Define and report success metrics to help evaluate the efficiency of implemented solutions.
- Manage projects and coordinate the delivery of identified solutions that span across different products.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.