Product Owner (PO) is a member of the extended Product Management team and crucial member of the Agile Team. PO owns the Team / Sprint backlog representing the single source of truth and is the single point of contact to the Dev team and Customer team for user story details. PO is responsible for defining and refining user stories and prioritizing the Agile Team backlog to streamline execution of product (program) priorities while maintaining conceptual and technical integrity of features for the team. In this capacity the PO remains highly available to the Dev teams during each iteration (sprint) in order to answer real time questions and provide clarity to user stories.
The Digital Commerce domain is responsible for the APIs that drive our shopping experiences from browse to checkout. We maintain and develop new capabilities for T-Mobile’s Digital Commerce Platform. Our products are REST APIs and our customers are T-Mobile development teams that, like us, obsess over delivering great experiences for customers. Our working culture gives you the freedom and support to make big things happen fast. We strive to solve enterprise problems using a startup mentality.
- Develops deep understanding of tactical and transaction level customer experience.
- Builds and maintains Agile (Sprint) team backlog, with input from all stakeholders (team backlog consists mostly of user stories, it also includes defects and enablers.)
- Writes and clarifies stories based on the features defined through the SRE Leads initiative.
- Collaborates with Agile team and stakeholders to write user stories and requirements that include acceptance criteria and acceptance tests, typically for 1 or 2 (max) Agile teams.
- Able to breakdown technical features into smaller stories
- Manages and maintains efficient flow of just-in-time story elaboration activities.
- Participates in team demo with primary responsibility of reviewing and accepting completed user stories (PO is the only team member who can accept as done). This includes validation that stories meet acceptance criteria and meets team’s Definition of Done (DoD).
- Participates in Iteration Retrospective, where teams gather to improve their processes. Also actively supports the Agile Release Train’s (ART’s) Inspect and Adapt (I&A) workshop.
- Works across Agile teams to increase velocity and quality of the program.
- Accountable and responsible for user story quality and performance in production environment.
- 4+ years of relevant Product Owner, Business Analyst, and System Analyst or Architecture/Software Engineer experience in an agile product development environment.
- Demonstrate sound understanding of REST APIs and OpenAPI standards.
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with Leadership, technical and non-technical audiences while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Good technical background with previous dev or ops experience is desirable.
- Ability to communicate the concepts at different levels – Architects to Engineers and SDETs.
- Create business cases for technical solutions and be able to articulate to Directors and above.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Scrum Product Owner certification (CSPO) preferred.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.