The Operational Services organization at Schwab partners with teams across the firm to deliver on service promises to Schwab clients. We are responsible for protecting and safeguarding the assets of the firm and our clients while continuing to increase scalability and efficiency.
Within Operational Services, the Business Process Transformation team is a cross-functional group that is helping to drive transformation across Operational Services and the broader firm. We use a variety of methodologies, tools and capabilities to drive large-scale change.
As a Smart Processing Product Owner, you will define a product vision consistent with our overarching Smart Processing Strategy, and execute against this vision to accelerate value delivery to our business partners, advisors and clients. You will lead a cross-functional product team, focused on the evolution of our most important service, processing, and client experience elements. You will be responsible for identifying use cases to drive new features and functionality, collaborating with cross-enterprise teams to ensure successful launch, user adoption, and realization of client and business value.
Smart Processing requires end-to-end, ecosystem strategy, vision, planning, and execution. When executed well, it drives tangible near-term benefits for Schwab and our clients, including greater scale via increased levels of automation and straight-through processing, greater clarity into service and operational processes, and more efficient and personalized service. Smart Processing also drives our long-term strategy through creation of data assets that will power AI and Machine Learning applications leading to even greater scale, personalization, and speed to market for Schwab’s next generation of products and features.
What you are good at:
- You push yourself and others to do their best work. You seek out opportunities to achieve your goals, your team’s goals, and your customers’ goals
- You hire teams and lead people in highly sophisticated, matrixed environments providing coaching and support to develop them as they build their career with Charles Schwab
- You empower teams by developing and evangelizing a compelling product vision, informed and enriched by business and customer input and data driven insights
- You build credibility with colleagues at all levels, forming strong relationships to remove obstacles quickly and effectively
- You are an exceptional communicator. You understand the power of listening and adapt your style to your audience. You can command a room or gently persuade as needed, and you are confident challenging and being challenged
- You use data to test, analyze and deliver the right outcomes for your clients; using insights to make data focused decisions at the heart of your prioritization for what you deliver
- You build great experiences, and great products. You make things happen.
What you have:
- 7-10+ years of experience as a Product Owner who has led teams in a complex enterprise environment where successful projects often require coordination across multiple teams
- Strong track record of delivering ambitious products and strategic business capabilities that move the needle and meet or exceed Key Performance Indicator goals
- Ability to inspire change, stay flexible and pivot to support new ways of doing things across organizational boundaries and shifting priorities
- Great listening skills – Understand the value of listening to client needs and have the ability to understand the deeper underlying problem that needs to be addressed
- Servant Leadership – Able to garner respect from your team, lead and demonstrate valuable principles, and willing and able to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Demeanor of visibility – Desire and ability to bring disclosure and clarity to the team and grow trust between the business and your ecosystem partners
- Conflict resolution skills – Able to facilitate discussion of issues and different approaches and alternatives, and effectively resolve issues in a timely manner
- Basic knowledge of data tools and analytics e.g. Splunk, Tableau, Adobe Analytics, SQL, R, Python
- Experience on a Product Management team within financial services strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of agile and scaled agile practices, including certifications, a plus
- Knowledge of Schwab products, services, operations and/or support systems is a major plus