Production Generalist- 3rd shift (Auto)
Shift Hours: 10:45 pm-6:45 am, Sunday-Thursday. (Weekends/Holidays/OT required during peak periods).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Oversees shift operations through scheduling and completing production of projects assigned. Position assists the mailing plant operations in line with standard operating procedures, related regulations, and established policy.
- Perform basic and detailed machining and assembly tasks to operate at least one machine and/or perform many manual / assembly duties.
- Perform repetitious and previously performed work without supervisory and technical assistance. Assistance may be needed for other work.
- Multi-tasking that requires focused concentration is expected to be learned – must be willing to cross train.
- Utilizes basic skills and experience background to perform machining and manual tasks.
- Process transactions necessary for work situations that requires very good working PC user know-how..
- Work from verbal or written instructions, work specifications, routing sheets, etc.; uses basic math – all in English.
- Perform minor maintenance and work with others to provide assistance with major maintenance projects when assigned.
- May utilize and/or operate material moving equipment, carts, etc. and use some production tools including hand tools and precision devices.
- When assigned perform duties and tasks outside department and job to the best of individual skill and ability.
- Work overtime, weekends, and holidays as work schedules require. In peak periods additional overtime is required.
- Comply with general work rules – responsible for quality of own work, housekeeping of own work area, and to work safely.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred, but is not required.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Experience in a fast paced, high volume production environment and understanding of production concepts.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Experience operating a computer workstation.
- Ability to improvise when necessary to solve work problems.
- Ability to work overtime including holidays and weekends during peak periods.
- Flexibility with working in other areas on occasion.
- Strong ability to multi task.
- Ability to work with associates with collaboration related to productivity, safety and quality of work.
- Be able, as it is necessary-to climb, stretch, crouch or kneel.
- Successful performance requires good vision including close vision for accurate attention to detail.
- Work requires incumbent to be mobile and in a standing / walking position.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs regularly.
- Uses hands to handle, finger, or feel objects and to perform keyboarding.
Who we are:
Output Solutions at Fiserv delivers mission-critical communications to financial institutions, health and property/casualty insurance providers, billers, retailers, travel and entertainment companies and advertising agencies nationwide. With solutions including transactional document production and delivery, card manufacturing and personalization and direct marketing services, we help our clients streamline operations to contain costs, while building customer dedication and generating incremental revenue.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.