Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities of all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position is responsible for the supervision of shift operations to ensure the safe, efficient, and effective operations of manufacturing, filling, and warehouse departments. The Production Supervisor is accountable for meeting goals related to Safety, Quality, People, Service, and Cost. This position will review operations to ensure the attainment of assigned goals and will be responsible for anticipating and taking proactive measures to resolve operational concerns. This position is also accountable for leading an engaged workforce that ensures positive employee relations.
Major Tasks Include:
- Coach, train, discipline, motivate, and manage hourly manufacturing employees.
- Promote and maintain positive employee relations and a total quality-working environment with employees.
- Act as a positive liaison between employees and management.
- Maintain Housekeeping Excellence standards for shift and department.
- Meet and/or exceed departmental goals.
- Manage electronic timecards for employees for production and/or payroll.
- Perform annual performance appraisals with each employee.
- Support the site safety programs, implement new safety procedures, recommend safety improvements, and assure safety compliance to create and maintain a safe work environment for employees.
- Be familiar with the equipment and operating procedures in order to make educated judgment decisions and recognize defective equipment or substandard product and utilize appropriate resources to resolve.
- Coordinate manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products to ensure they meet specifications.
- Revise production schedules and prioritize as a result of equipment failure, operating problems, personnel, etc.
- Assure all team members are properly trained in critical areas of safety, housekeeping, time management, quality standards, and continuous improvement. Transition new team members into the team quickly and efficiently upon assignment.
- Demonstrate leadership that is consistent with Company vision, mission, and values.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment work visa status.
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office products.
- Must have one year of experience in a manufacturing, distribution, operations environment, or completion of the GSC Accelerated Development Program.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Formal training and/or experience with continuous improvement tools such as Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, Transactional Lean, etc.
- Experience with timekeeping and/or production control systems.
- Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt, Black Belt, Etc.).
- Willingness to relocate if in the future considered for promotional opportunities is preferred.
Proven customer service, decision making, and planning/organizational skills
Demonstrated leadership with a focus on safety, organizational performance alignment, and building a culture of trust & integrity
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
This position is responsible for supervising a continuous schedule, 12 hour shift, from 6:00 PM – 6:00 AM. Overtime will be required. Candidate should also be flexible to work alternate shifts as needed.