- Understand and adhere to company safe work policies.
- Follow Lone Worker Requirements.
- Promote a safe work environment.
- Report safety incidents and near misses.
- Report any unsafe conditions, environmental concerns and process problems to management immediately.
- Contribute to the improvement of the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality programs.
Apply the HWP process, LOTO and energy isolation procedures as required for company and contractor
- Follow EMOC procedure for all changes to process and operating procedures.
- Maintain site security.
- Maintain site orderliness.
- Perform safety indoctrinations for contractors.
- Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP PM) to execute, document and continuously improve equipment preventative and corrective maintenance strategy.
- Collect and interpret trends in equipment condition monitoring data.
- Maintain plant spares inventory and raise gaps to management attention.
- Follow work instructions and annotate with feedback.
Perform and document process and product analyzers calibration checks.
Set up and safely operate all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned work.
Perform Shutdowns, Start-ups, Derime and production slate changes for plant(s) in area.
Monitor key process variables and maintain plant(s) in efficient steady state operation.
- Troubleshoot process problems to identify equipment requiring maintenance.
- Respond to plant issues as required.
- Understand the cooling water treatment chemistry and perform water treatment tasks.
- Load trailers and dewars
- Work with the transportation manager and supervisor on a day to day basis to meet customer demands
- Follow all Quality Control requirements to ensure a quality product is delivered to Messer’s customers. Meet FDA requirements where applicable.
Document in plant logbook date and time of all machinery start/stops, analyzer calibrations, process upsets,
product losses, customer complaints, or any other major event(s).
- Maintain open continuous line of communication with manager.
- Complete required SHEQ site and equipment inspection forms.
- Maintain orderly and clean work area and vehicle.
- Direct and monitor contractors.
- Maintain production logs, perform data entry into SAP system.
- Lead and participate in operations and safety meetings.
- Participate in safety committee activities as required – drill planning, energy isolation reviews, etc…
- Complete all training activities according to schedule and meet annual performance goals.
- Support entry level technicians through coaching and mentoring.
- Check business email daily.
- Lead Plant tours.
- Accept On call duty and overtime as required.
- Effectively prioritize and schedule all work activities.
- Support plant and equipment commissioning activities.
- Mark-up engineering drawings to document changes or disparities.
- Identify cost effective solutions, follow company purchasing procedure and spending limitations.
- Math – basic algebra, fractions/percentages, unit conversion.
Personal computer proficiency (Internet, word processing, spreadsheets), and other software used by the
- Strong interpersonal abilities to support team philosophy and strategy.
- Strong interpersonal abilities to support mentoring/coaching activities.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Able to work alone.
- High mechanical aptitude and ability to work with simple mechanic’s hand tools.
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable chemical manufacturing process and hazards within area or site.
- Familiar with all process equipment and function.
Understanding of electrical hazards and safety, and ability to troubleshoot electrical systems, with support
from central engineering.
- Basic understanding of pneumatically actuated valves and control systems.
- Understanding of all trip and interlock logic protecting people and equipment.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings including P&IDs, PFDs.
- Ability to interpret electrical drawings including Single line diagrams.
- Able to navigate LiMSS to find relevant work instructions, forms and supporting documentation.
- Able to complete all preventative maintenance jobs according to best practice.
- Capable of operating a forklift, and/or overhead crane, and/or man lift according to company policy.
Associates Degree or certificate in a technical discipline or recent
military training in a technical field preferred but not required.
Minimum 5 Years experience in a related process plant operations and
Physically able to perform all duties required which may involve among other things; bending,
stooping, kneeling, climbing ladders, and lifting and carrying loads of up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb to heights 50 ft above grade and work effectively.
- Reside within a reasonable distance of plant.
- Valid driver’s license with good record.
Join us and you will be part of a company that values and supports your career. We offer competitive pay and benefits, with set schedules, steady work and opportunities for ongoing training and career progression.
Together we value innovation, efficiency and flexibility. Putting safety first, working with integrity and respect, we encourage everyone to find solutions for success. That means for our customers and for our colleagues. This makes us a great place to build a career where your skills are valued and developed.
Apply today @ https://uscareers-messer.icims.com
If you need assistance with the application or would like to request an accommodation, call (877) 243-1030.
Messer North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.