- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience managing programs across multiple regions, teams, and functions.
- 8 years of experience managing engineering projects and working with the outsourcing industry.
- Experience working with cross-functional stakeholders.
- PMP certification and Lean Six Sigma certification.
- Process management experience, with process optimization and program management expertise.
- Ability to think creatively, create results, work from strategy to execution, and collaborate effectively. Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage across multiple, often time-sensitive initiatives.
- Ability to be proactive and team-work oriented, with the ability to inspire trust by demonstrating sound judgment and integrity. Ability to be focused on the customer and thrive in an ambiguous environment, with excellent planning and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel.
About the job
gTech’s Business and Outsourcing Strategy and Services team (gBOSS) provides consultative services to gTech, the Global Business Organization (GBO), and Google at large, enabling each part of our business by developing innovative, scalable, and compliant solutions that allow gTech to run efficient operations with the best vendor partners at optimal cost while minimizing risk.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of trusted advisors support customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
To learn more about gTech, check out our video.
- Structure and execute against strategic projects to solve for complex and ambiguous business issues for the global gTech organization.
- Dig deep into and optimize associated processes and workflows to influence global consistency, increase productivity and improve overall operations.
- Keep team/stakeholders informed and progressing. Produce documents/artifacts that communicate strategy, scope, status, timeline, task ownership, action items, risks, project dependencies and rollout planning.
- Use data and insights thoughtfully, incorporating the right data to illuminate problem(s), building understanding and insights, informing decision-making, and assessing measurable outcomes/improvements.
- Lead development and program management of goals and strategic initiatives within the organization, partnering with internal and cross-functional teams to develop the work plan, identify dependencies and paths to resolution. Set and manage operating review cadence, and ensure initiatives are rolled out effectively to the team.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.