Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: PayPal is looking for a Program Manager to support our Sales Technology team, which provides the tools necessary for our sales teams to deliver PayPal’s leading tools into the marketplace to our merchants and customers. As a PMO team, we focus on driving operational excellence, collaborating with our business partners, and helping them plan, delivery, and execute high-impact projects. The ideal candidate enjoys finding solutions to ambiguous problems, driving the team towards a common goal, and managing large initiatives that help our sales team work more effectively. They should have a passion for Program Management, helping their Business Partners shape an idea and define the program, including the necessary end-to-end project plans and requirements, and then shifting into execution and driving the team towards a successful deployment. Along the way they should leverage their communication skills to keep stakeholders and senior leadership informed and updated on any risks or issues that may put the program at risk.
What you’ll be doing
- Owning planning and execution of a portfolio of projects within the Sales Technology team
- Independently driving alignment and coordinating cross-functional work across PayPal
- Partnering with the Product Owners and the Business to identify requirements, dependencies, and measures of success
- Estimating work effort, defining milestones, scope, dependencies, deliverables, and confirming cross-functional alignment
- Focusing on delivery excellence and ensuring that all programs are delivered according to PayPal standards (e.g. RACI, RAID logs, detailed project plans)
- Communicating to project team members, stakeholders, and executives. Keeping them informed and aware of any issues or risks that may impact project delivery, while adjusting your messaging to the needs of the target audience.
- Proactively working to remove obstacles, always keeping the big picture in mind, ensuring that the team remains focused on execution
What you should have
- 7 – 10 years of experience delivering complex business application projects as a program/project manager or consultant.
- Delivery of enhancements or new capabilities onto the Salesforce platform is a big plus.
- Familiarity with Sales applications and technologies
- Strong communication skills with the ability to dissect complex information in order to align stakeholders at all levels, including executives
- Deep understanding of project management methodologies, including agile, and the ability to drive successful execution of complex, technical projects
- BA/BS degree
- PMP certification a plus
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.