- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Statistics and 3 years of experience in program or project management.
- Prior full-cycle program/product management experience in a similar industry.
- Prior experience simplifying on a large scale and gain buy-in from senior leaders.
- Prior experience driving decisions through data and analytics, utilizing tools such as SQL, Tableau, and Excel
Wagon Wheel is an emerging organization that executes delivery of small parcel and heavy/bulky packages across North America communities. We merge multiple service types to enhance the customer experience in communities which we don’t currently service including scheduled delivery of bulky freight and customer facing services to accept customer returns.
Candidates for the Network Planning Program Manager role must be effective cross-functional leaders. They must be capable of diving deep into data while simultaneously thinking big, building long-term strategic designs that optimize for cost, coverage, speed, and, most importantly, Customer experience. The candidate must be able to communicate these designs and strategic visions, influencing leadership across retail, transportation operations, technology teams, and senior GSF leadership.
Needed Skills and Abilities:
- Influencer: Innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion.
- Leader: Significant experience leading teams to consistently deliver valuable projects.
- Doer: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end operations projects, working through the many obstacles along the way.
- Communicator: Ability to communicate expectations and requirements equally well with business and technology teams, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as necessary.
- Problem Solver: Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges.
- Results driven: Ability to take stretch goals and wow the internal and external customers with exceptional outcomes
Utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges
- Adjust network design/topology to account for constraints in the building designs and the real estate market
- Introduce strategies to improve routing inputs to improve plan vs actual error
- Strategies for smoothing out uneven demand curves to ensure maximum route utilization
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management or related field
- 3+ years of experience in transportation operations, carrier management and transportation systems
- 3+ years in middle/last mile delivery (home delivery for large items/ heavy bulky products)
- Prior experience in distribution or transportation of high value large items/ heavy bulky products
- Prior experience in network design and optimization.
- Prior experience and desire to work in a hands-on role with operators in order to identify areas of improvement