Microsoft is going through a transformational change to become the leading Cloud first, Mobile first company. Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation. Every day, we work to help our customers leverage the power of Microsoft’s solutions and services, to support our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Are you motivated, ambitious, and passionate about delivering innovative business solutions?
Are you naturally curious with a desire to learn, innovate and improve in a complex environment; continually analyzing and evolving team processes that balance agility, quality, and scale?
Do you want to work simultaneously across multiple meaningful and impactful projects?
Are you willing to learn from others and be open to new ideas?
Program Managers are focused on improving our technology solutions. You work collaboratively with team mates to ensure our products exceed customer expectations. You communicate throughout the process to understand progress towards delivery, technical challenges, and to provide clarity on customer needs using a data driven approach. You will be expected to demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions.
Interviews for the Program Manager roles will be conducted in partnership with our attendance at AfroTech). By applying to this role, you’ll be assessed for multiple, identical positions on several teams.
- Building tools that help engineers identify and fix latency and resource efficiency issues in their code.
- Building platform technology/components that help everyone using the M365 Core Platform become fast and resource efficient.
- Working with product teams across the Microsoft 365 suite to deliver blazing fast user experiences for our users.
- Working with product teams across the Microsoft 365 suite to make their software efficient so they can scale without driving up COGS.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or Engineering
- 1+ years product/program management experience
- Strong technical proficiency
- Great problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to think about customer and business problems
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity and team boundaries to get stuff done
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Prior experience working on cloud platforms is a huge plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.