Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Plans, develops, schedules, and performs engineering assignments related to the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of gas distribution and pressure regulating systems, including major/complex projects. Analyzes, recommends and develops specific projects for implementation. Assumes supervisory on-call assignments as required. Supports values and commitment to Eversource’s mission, strategy and values.
- Designs systems or installations to fit the Company’s objectives, ensuring conformance with industry standards, guidelines and regulations of federal, state and local authorities
- Performs site layouts and prepares necessary documents for procurement, permitting and construction. Specifies and procure materials and equipment, coordinates in-house and contract labor
- Prepares projects for bid, schedule and conduct bid meetings. Evaluates bids and initiates award of purchase orders; may assist with the development of capital project budget plans, estimating project costs, performing equipment analysis, etc.
- Develops and maintains field procedures to ensure compliance with company standards and procedures, federal, state and local regulations and codes; Assists in the oversite of construction activities to ensure specification and code compliance.
- Coordinates construction activities with customers, contractors, States, Municipalities and internal departments
- Reviews purchase requisitions, and invoices related to departmental activity; Provides financial support to upper management for budget development and cost tracking. Develops, Monitors and presemts reports/summaries on project and departmental budgets.
- Integrates and coordinates internal and external resources necessary to ensure materials and equipment are delivered on time to complete processes or projects
- Monitors project progress and recommends schedule changes, cost and resource adjustments required to meet company objectives
- Ensures project work is conducted in a manner consistent with the Company’s safety and procurement policies and programs
- Supports the Risk and Asset Management programs. Collects and analyzes failure data to support risk assessment. Identifies and prioritizes top risks and develops and recommends mitigation programs to reduce or eliminate risk.
- Develops and monitors performance measure to track progress of mitigation programs. Prepares data, charts, graphs, reports and presentations to gas leadership team
- May provide direction to junior staff and review work
- Thorough knowledge of distribution construction and maintenance work practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable governmental codes and regulations
- Knowledge of welding and fusing principles
- Working knowledge of environmental requirements affecting related activities
- Familiarity with MS computer operations
- Some exposure to gaseous atmospheres, construction site hazards, and hazards on customer’s property
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology or related discipline.
- Five plus years of related engineering experience is required
- Gas experience is preferred
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing, walking and climbing stairs are involved.
- Job can require traveling to operating districts, gas facilities and companies within and outside the state.
- This is a Safety Sensitive position and subject to random drug testing.
- Work includes calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor