Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description Summary
Develop and enhance relationships within the independent agency system to create opportunities for customized products for public sector business. Solicit, negotiate and sell all aspects of public sector business within a defined territory. Coordinate services (claim, loss control and etc.) and distribution strategies to enhance Public Sectors’ local presence and relationships with customers and agents/brokers.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute the sales strategies for Public Sector Services throughout territory to meet the profitability and production objectives for the territory.
- Sell industry segment underwriting and service capabilities to agents and brokers.
- Identify and develop opportunities to achieve profitable growth through new business production and retention of renewal business throughout the territory.
- Identify and develop long-term relationships with the independent agencies within the territory to enhance the sales efforts.
- Provide ongoing customer service delivery and problem resolution to agents/brokers who write public sector business within the territory.
- Develop, analyze and share competitive market place information to identify and create a competitive sales advantage for Public Sector Services.
- Work with Public Sector Services Regional Underwriting Units to help identify and solve product and service development needs for public sector business.
- 3 years of experience in sales, underwriting or related field.
Licensing or Certificates
- IIA course work (CPCU, ARM, etc.) desirable.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
Job Specific Skills & Competencies: (edits to the current Job Posting description are noted in bold italic)
- Position requires an extensive knowledge of the property/casualty insurance industry, with specialized knowledge of public sector business being an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all parts of the Public Sector Services segment.
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible underwriting and/or marketing within the insurance industry with preferably some experience/knowledge handling public sector business.
- Demonstrated sales and customer service skills are required. Strong communication skills, including highly developed presentation skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills, listening skills and virtual presentation skills; ability to establish rapport and build relationships via phone.
- Must possess a strong ability to work effectively in a team environment and to act as a liaison to other Business Units within multiple regions.
- Effective influencing skills, including an ability to develop and coordinate the appropriate resources and work groups.
- Motivated self-starter who is organized and has the ability to prioritize opportunity.
- Influence the Sale: Ability to effectively influence internally and externally; conduct frequent virtual and in-person agency visits; attend presentations (virtual and in-person) with agents and/or insureds to address unique public entity coverages; ability to convince agents to represent and promote Travelers products and services.
- Act as a trusted advisor for agents who may have minimal experience with selling and meeting with Public Sector accounts.
- Ability to travel 15-20%
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.