When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position reports into the Viral Vector Services Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific and is based in the Somerville, MA office.
How will you make an impact?
Responsible for the coordination of incoming raw materials that will require external testing. QC Raw Material Sample Liaison will be working closely with the contract labs to generate quotes, schedule testing, and monitor the test results as they are made available. Compiles data for documentation of test result reports. Provides QC input and support throughout VVS regarding sampling and release prioritization of raw materials.
What will you do?
- Provide daily and weekly updates to Management regarding the status of samples undergoing testing in QC
- Maintains current tracking tools to ensure they are up to date
- Communicates with appropriate personnel concerning re-sampling and to acquire missing information such as documentation and specification issues
- Creating reports including but not limited to quality data trending, informational spreadsheets, laboratory log spreadsheets, etc.
- Reviews certificates of analysis (COA) from raw material suppliers, QA/QC reports and other quality documents, as needed
- Act as QC liaison between contract labs and VVS
- Work closely with supply chain to forecast upcoming raw materials to be sampled
- Coordination and submission of outside lab samples and results
- Work on projects independently with limited supervision.
- Frequent use & general knowledge of industry practices, techniques and standards.
- Manage priorities and work schedules
How will you get here?
- Knowledge in the use of Pharmacopeia such as USP, EP and JP preferred
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Requires good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities.
- Positive, proactive approach to drive assignments/tasks to completion.
- Associates Degree with 3-5 years’ experience in lab operations (Pharmaceutical environment preferred) and a working knowledge of SAP software application systems (Pharmaceutical preferred).
- 3-5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related GMP environment.
- Ability or capable of lifting up to twenty (20) lbs, with or without accommodation
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.