Develop and implement program quality plans, programs, and procedures using statistical quality control statistics, lean manufacturing concepts, and six-sigma tools and analyses. Ensures that performance and quality products conform to established company and regulatory standards. Reviews, analyzes and reports on quality discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical and electro-mechanical systems. Investigates problems and develops disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies. Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met. Recommends corrective actions, dispositions and modifications.
Knowledge of Nonconforming Material (NCM) control system and governing procedures and documentation. Knowledge of manufacturing processes as defined in process specifications. Knowledge of and ability to concur on engineering dispositions of nonconforming material. Maintains physical inventory of nonconforming product in a bonded setting. Responsible for accurate nonconformance documentation review and approval meeting customer and sector requirements. Collects and reviews product defect data contained on nonconformance forms, summarizes defect data, and publishes trend charts and/or management reports indicating defect rate trends and corrective action status and effectiveness.
- Bachelors degree with 3 years experience in Quality Assurance/Manufacturing, or, 7 years of Quality Assurance/Manufacturing experience in lieu of a degree
- Material Review Board experience
- Knowledge of Nonconforming Material (NCM) control system and governing procedures and documentation
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes as defined in process specification
- Must be willing to work any shift, overtime or non-standard work schedule
- The ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret Clearance and Special Program Access
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- At least 3 years of Quality Assurance experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.