What does a great Quality Assurance Engineer do?
Fiserv is looking to fill critical testing roles that allow us to insure the quality of the products, technical solutions and services developed for both internal and external use to provide core payment processing services to our customers. Candidates would be contributing at both an individual level as well as a team level to achieve the organization’s objectives and goals around Software Quality Assurance. Exposure to projects for the leading payment-processing provider in Financial Technology space as well as experience working with existing and emerging technologies will provide candidates with career growth and core competency development. Opportunities in the current job families will exist, as well as horizontal career opportunities.
You can look forward to:
- Being responsible for maintaining various test regions and applications, working side by side with our amazing Development and Business partners and testing applications, networks and systems.
- Using your extensive training, knowledge and experience as you lead and attend project meetings, develop and execute extensive test plans and take responsibility for ensuring the delivery of quality software applications. You will lead and participate in test planning and quality review sessions.
- Writing test cases/scripts, test plans and closure reports. Testing may include applications, networks and systems. Testing is functional, regression and end-to-end, formal projects and ad-hoc support.
- Participating in daily standup calls for discussion of testing status, defects and general management of the testing phase.
- Using your knowledge of application development technologies and automation tools and methodologies to enhance productivity and product offerings.
- Driving continuous improvement through all processes, including but not limited to: team standards, test planning, resourcing and test execution, as well as debugging, metric collection, and reporting.
- Having your opinions heard, your knowledge respected and continuously learning new tools and techniques.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- 6 to 8 years in testing. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or a related field (or foreign equivalent degree) or equivalent work experience and/or Certifications.
REQUIRED – Mainframe languages and tools – COBOL, JCL, DB2, VSAM, CICS, IMS, TSO/ISPF, REXX, FTP, NDM, CA7, Expeditor, Endevor/Changeman, FILE-AID, File Master, Abend Aid, debugging tools
- Experienced in SDLC process, Agile and Waterfall methodologies, writing test plans, test scripts, regressions, etc.
- Regression review and analysis experience
- Knowledge of Acquirer payment processing systems
- Must be able to work extended hours/flexible schedule as required to support testing and client needs.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Payment Processing for Financial Institutions. Specifically for debit cards, loans and/or credit card systems (new accounts, plastics, letters, notifications, preferences, parameter controls, payments, sales, account updates, memos, rewards, fraud, statements, collections, authorizations, chargebacks/retrievals, merchants, settlement, etc.)
- Financial services with high-volume, large-scale processing and reporting
- Extensive knowledge of information systems elements (hardware, software, network) and their application to business functions/processes
- Certification testing with external entities including Credit Card Associations and/or Debit Networks.
- Experience with Association/Network Certification, Extended Unit testing, Change Release testing and Functional Testing
- Experience in Database – IMS/DB, DB2, Stored Procedures, VSAM, RDBMS, Oracle, SQLserver, UNIX. Certified training and experience with Automation tools: TOSCA, Automation Frameworks, Java, Appium, Selenium Experience with SoapUI, Postman, ISO messages, Paragon, jMeter, Swagger, Shell scripting, Putty, Emulator, browsers, thick clients, SQL, TOAD, MySQL, Jira.
Travel required: 10% Percentage/frequency of travel.
Who We Are: The Testing Center of Excellence provides quality assurance services to our clients across our Business Units, their corresponding Technology organization and directly to our end-customers.
Our primary testing coverage includes functional and regression testing, which is highly automated. Additional responsibilities include; performance testing, testing tools support and reporting of test metrics. We leverage leading technologies and processes to achieve comprehensive test coverage and release level reporting. Our products range from internal-facing as well as end consumer facing or business-oriented applications.
The Global Business Solutions (GBS) vertical of Fiserv delivers merchant processing services for small/medium-size businesses as well as large global merchants. The processing services range from core authorization, clearing and settlement to next-generation merchant solutions for traditional point-of-sale transaction processing as well as both e-commerce and digital-wallets solutions. Fiserv offers many industry-specific approaches for our clients. Our tenured understanding of specific industry processes and controls, regulatory matters, new technologies, changing viewpoints, evolving economic factors, sales, and marketing functions provide strong benefit to our clients.
The GBS testing team provides full testing services for solutions and products we offer to our clients.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.