- The Quality Assurance Supply Chain Manager will own and manage both the OEM manufacturing/assembly and Product Quality of purchased and repaired products throughout the lifecycle of the device. This position will operate as a subject matter expert and will be accountable for device quality performance and customer experience over a wide product portfolio. The devices include mobile devices, mobile broadband devices, SIM cards, prepaid cards, accessories, printed collateral material and the respective packaging. This position is responsible for developing, implementing, and ensuring compliance to our TMO quality system standards as well as device requirements. You will need to define device acceptable criteria and risk mitigation plans when issues arise as well as analyze associated cost due to poor quality and communicate the results to leadership. This role is expected to lead and coordinate task forces that drive timely issue resolution (defect identification, root cause investigation, implementation of solutions and monitoring of product performance). This position will also review and manage the metrics to monitor supplier performance to ensure cross functional teams and suppliers are focused and working on the right priorities and business strategies. The Quality Assurance Supply Chain Manager will manage and onboard new and existing suppliers as required. This role will be expected to conduct ISO and QMS audits of suppliers to validate their ability to provide quality products. From these audits this position will be expected to communicate the results both verbally and in writing cross functionally to business partners. This role will work closely with core development and operational teams (product development, engineering, marketing, supply chain, customer service, retail, suppliers, distribution centers, repair centers and the corporate office). In addition, this position will need to build and leverage strong partnerships with cross functional teams and suppliers. This position must be able affect a behavior changes with both the suppliers and internal stakeholders to increase the quality of the products and ensure a positive customer experience. This role will be expected to drive continuous improvement and strategic initiatives on behalf of Supply Chain Quality in order to drive down cost to the business and increase process efficiencies.
- Establish quality inputs into Roadmap & Supplier selection/approval processes through New Product Introduction initiatives, manufacturing line readiness reviews and repair audits.
- Establish and monitor quality standards for all products and services related to mobile devices.
- Resolve and prevent quality issues with products.
- Analyze product and process issues, collect and analyze data, identify root cause and drive to timely resolution.
- Communicate the issue (both technical and non-technical) cross functionally to gain buy-in and feedback from stakeholders.
- Work closely with Operations, Vendor Management, Product Development and Care regarding customer impacts due to quality issues and work with suppliers to correct.
- Engage with T-Mobile Repair Centers to understand and improve upon all repair quality issues.
- Establish standards, monitor and report on key metrics. As well as communicate repair quality and supplier performance to leadership.
- Establish a closed loop new product launch process and ensure all repair requirements by model are met prior to launch.
- Prepare audit checklist and audit process in order to perform audits of suppliers (new and existing) on their capabilities, quality management system, line readiness, supplier management system, effectiveness of continuous improvement process, training process, metrics collection and analysis process. Establish and review action plans on a regular basis.
- Effective communication skills and strong interpersonal skills as well as a strong understanding of Supplier Quality Management are required.
- Must possess the technical expertise to understand both HW and SW issues and be able to communicate issues with supplier and technology vendors.
- 2-5 years experience in establishing and managing supplier quality programs and successfully affecting quality improvements.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and within teams
- Ability to connect work in functional area upstream and or downstream in supply chain
- Strong Word, Power Point, Excel skills
- Ability to connect and influence business partners (peers + 2 levels) across functional organization
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Quality or related field preferred
- License or Certification Auditor/Lead Auditor preferred
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously-by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.