Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position is responsible for testing production batches according to specific written testing methods and identifying issues of both in-spec and out-of-spec data. The technician will interpret results and historical data to ensure the product meets or exceeds the customers’ requirements for quality, as well as provide instructions to production personnel regarding adjustments to batches as needed. The technician will be involved in the efficient operation of the lab, general housekeeping, ensuring a safe work environment, and will independently perform tasks as outlined by his/her supervisor/ manager.
Major tasks include:
- Batch approval. Assures that all tests are completed and results meet all specifications before going to the next production process.
- Enters all batches’ data into the electronic batch records system.
- Generates appropriate paperwork as needed per the customer specifications.
- Gathers and sends customer samples as required.
- Follows all standard technical procedures and exercises good judgment and initiatives. Able to accomplish assigned work with little supervision.
- If necessary, follows appropriate raw material test methods and may file related paperwork. Gathers, stocks and manages product retain area.
- Utilizes appropriate computer systems to ensure effective testing of products.
- Determines disposition of non-compliant finished goods, such as first case/last case.
- Places non-conforming material on hold as needed.
- Supports the ISO Management Systems and Safety Systems.
- Maintains inventory of lab supplies, stocks them when received, and requests them when low.
- Maintains Lab housekeeping and cleans all test equipment.
- Adheres to all safety requirements of job.
- Identifies and communicates product issues to other departments as needed.
- Reviews batch slip for completeness and accuracy.
- Creates, maintains and updates standard operating procedures for Quality Department to meet ISO requirements.
- Assists in training of other lab techs as needed.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship now or in the future for employment work visa status
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have the ability to see color with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be willing to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must have access to reliable transportation
The successful candidate must also pass a pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen.
- Previous laboratory experience (both work experience and college laboratory course work is acceptable) is preferred
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Previous experience with Microsoft Access and/or Microsoft Excel is preferred
- An Associates or Bachelors degree in Chemistry or a related field is preferred
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.