Recycling Program Manager
Description: The Recycling Program Manager will be responsible for evolving and optimizing the programs supporting all non-regulated waste streams at Gigafactory New York. Through external vendor accountability and internal partnerships, they will be expected to evolve waste programs that will maximize diversion and revenue while minimizing scrap and waste. As they realize these wins, they will proliferate best practices through standardization across multiple business units.
- Lead the site to minimize waste to landfill and maximize diversion.
- Drive programs that minimize operational expense while maximizing revenue generation.
- Negotiate commercial rates of scrap materials.
- Maintain relationships with external vendors.
- Lead development plans for future expansion of Recycling Operations.
- Identify and lead waste/scrap stream reduction opportunities.
- Manage operational expenses and execution within budget forecasts.
- Must be able to collaborate with other teams across Gigafactory New York.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and support team to reach common goals.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to Supervisor.
- Complete safety training and certifications.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Physical activities: Work may require lifting up to 50 pounds, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, and prolonged sitting. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices.
- 2-3 years (or more) prior recycling and/or commodity sales/purchasing experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Budgetary planning and adherence experience; P&L management preferred.
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- A commitment to excellence with regard to quality work.
- Excellent listening skills, organizational skills, and strong communications skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook/Excel/PowerPoint).
- A strong work ethic, proven follow-through skills, and a “can-do” attitude are a must.
- Availability to work for weekends/nights as needed in order to meet schedule demand.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under constantly changing priorities and demands