Raytheon Technologies is currently seeking a Senior Information Systems Technologist II to provide Red Hat system maintenance, engineering and administration support to maintain a development system at a high level of availability. This position is staffed as an 8×5 position.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs software application maintenance and OS maintenance on a diverse network of physical and virtual servers. Operating systems to include Windows Server, Red Hat Linux, and VMWare ESXi.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance such as general computer tasks, application loads, disk utilization, system loading and system monitoring
- Detects, isolates, documents, quickly reports, and resolves system outages or problems utilizing program processes and procedures. These activities include collecting diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system
- Documents problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools per customer requirements.
- Collects data describing the environment at the time of the failure.
- Performs system monitoring, analyzing and documenting of performance and conducting trend analysis as required.
- Supports system engineering groups as required for ongoing analysis and integration efforts.
- Candidate needs to remain current with emerging technology in order to meet the changing requirements of the lab customer.
- Candidate must be willing and may be required to provide Tier 1-3 support. The Environment fluctuates between routine and urgent, depending on ongoing tasks, priorities, and performance of assigned systems. Call in support may be required.
This position requires a BS Degree in STEM related field and minimum of 6 years experience
- Must have a current DOD 8570.1-M IAT Level II (Security+ CE) (minimum) certification
- Must have experience with, Red Hat/CentOS,
- Must have good communication skills to effectively and accurately exchange information across a multi-location enterprise, with customer visibility, into maintainer-based actions and responses.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Experience with SANs (Compellent, HP, Brocade), FlexLM License Systems, Apache, AWS, PowerShell and BASH Scripting, Automated deployment scripts (Puppet, Chef, Docker, etc).
- experience working with Dell and HP Servers, Workstations.
- experience working with NVIDIA Graphics cards and NVIDIA Linux Graphics Drivers.
- Experience with VMWare ESXi 5+.
Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance with CI polygraph are required.
This position requires a U.S. Person. 170167
Raytheon Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.