Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook AR/VR is seeking Research Interns to join our Computer vision teams to work on innovative problems that would power the next generation product and platforms at scale. The problems range from various research domains and require applying cutting-edge algorithms to help us understand our content and users better. The duration of this internship is 12-16 weeks with Summer, Fall, and Winter start dates. We have openings in our Menlo Park and Seattle offices.
- Develop novel state-of-the-art vision algorithms and corresponding systems, leveraging various deep learning techniques
- Contribute to research that can eventually be applied to Facebook product and run on billions of media items every day
- Based on the project, help analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of corresponding deployed algorithms
- Collaborate with team members, all the way from prototyping in a notebook to deploying at scale
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in Python and C/C++
- Research and/or work experience in machine learning, deep learning, and/or computer vision
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]