Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs is looking for an intern to help us invent technologies for interacting with augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) devices.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate methods for learning robust representations from multi-modal egocentric data (e.g., video, audio, eye tracking).
- Make use of Facebook’s large infrastructure to scale and speed up experimentation.
- Write modular research code that can be reused in other contexts.
- Collaborate with other researchers
- The work should result in publishable research to appear in a top-tier ML conference (e.g., NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR).
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD candidate in machine learning, computer vision, speech processing, applied statistics, computational neuroscience, or a related field.
- Research skills involving defining problems, exploring solutions, and analyzing and presenting results.
- Proficiency in python and machine learning libraries (numpy, scikit-learn, scipy, pandas, matplotlib, tensorflow, pytorch).
- Deep understanding of at least one of the following areas: Transfer, few-shot, zero-shot, continual and/or online learning, self-supervised learning, multi- or cross-modal learning, deep metric learning / neural net embedding methods.
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]