Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs is looking for interns with expertise in haptic perception, multisensory integration, and motor control to help us to invent technologies for interaction with the augmented world. In this role, you will work with world-leading perceptual and cognitive scientists models to conduct hands-on research to improve our understanding of human perception and action, paving the way to the next generation of virtual and augmented reality technologies.Our internships are twelve (12) to twenty four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
- Formulate research questions and design experiments.
- Collaborate with researchers and engineers to implement and conduct experiments and collect data
- Analyze and model data
- Communicate research agenda and findings to collaborators across disciplines.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD in cognitive science, perception, psychology, engineering, computer science, or related fields
- 2+ year track record of successful research on human perception and action.
- Excellent research skills involving defining problems, exploring solutions, and analyzing and presenting results.
- Proficiency in at least one of: R, Python, Matlab, or equivalent
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]