Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs is looking for interns with experience in HCI and interactive computing to help us invent technologies for interaction with the virtual and augmented world. Our work in neuromotor interfaces, which has grown out of the acquisition of CTRL-Labs, aspires to unleash human potential by erasing the bottlenecks between user intent and action. In this role you will embed with a world-class team of researchers to design, prototype, and evaluate novel interaction techniques and user experiences built on top of neuromotor interfaces.Our internships are twelve (12) to twenty four (24) weeks long and we have various start dates throughout the year.
- Research forward-looking interactions that are uniquely enabled by neuromotor interface technology
- Collaborate with neuroscientists and machine learning experts to unlock and perfect new capabilities to build interactions upon
- Create prototypes which explore neuromotor interfaces in a variety of environments and situations
- Measure and evaluate the performance and qualities of promising interactions
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a PhD in the field of HCI, Computer Science or related field 3+ years of HCI, UI/UX, AR/VR, graphics, gaming, or other interactive development
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-cultural collaboration
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Obsession over perfecting interactive experiences
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]