Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs is looking for interns to advance our pioneering work in neuromotor interfaces , which has grown out of the acquisition of CTRL-labs. This technology could become one of the main pillars for interaction with the virtual and augmented world. Help us unleash human potential by erasing the bottlenecks between user intent and action. In this role you will embed with a world-class, multi-disciplinary team of researchers to investigate the nature of human neuromotor signals (EMG), develop novel signal processing and machine learning methods to infer a user’s intent, and create novel interaction techniques and user experiences.Our internships are twelve (12) to twenty four (24) weeks long, and we have various start dates throughout the year.
- Plan and execute cutting-edge applied research to advance neuromotor interface capabilities.
- Collaborate with engineering and Human-Computer Interactions (HCI) teams to translate fundamental scientific knowledge into new technology and user experiences.
- Use quantitative research methods to define, iterate upon and advance key areas of our research agenda.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a PhD, in [one or more of the following fields:] systems neuroscience, computational neuroscience, machine learning, biophysics, physics, electrical engineering, computer science, statistics, or related fields.
- Strong research-oriented implementation skills, including fluency in scientific Python and PyTorch.
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]