Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs is looking for an intern to help us invent technologies for interacting with augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) devices. In particular, we are seeking candidates who can (1) investigate high fidelity simulation tools (MPM, FEM) for visual and haptic rendering, and (2) apply state-of-the-art projection-based model order reduction (MOR) to enable such simulations to execute in real time.
- Investigate the viability of high fidelity simulation tools (MPM, FEM) for visual and haptic rendering
- Investigate the application of projection-based model order reduction (MOR) (likely developed with convolutional neural networks) to enable such simulations to execute in real time
- Implement methods in a manner that is compatible with Unity VR (no experience necessary)
- Make use of Facebook’s large infrastructure to scale and speed up experimentation.
- Write modular research code that can be reused in other contexts.
- The work should result in publishable research to appear in a top-tier conference (e.g., SIGGRAPH, NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR).
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD in computational mechanics, computer graphics, machine learning, or a related field.
- Excellent research skills involving defining problems, exploring solutions, and analyzing and presenting results.
- Proficiency in implementing computational-mechanics methods in a large-scale code, as well as experience with machine-learning libraries (numpy, scikit-learn, scipy, pandas, matplotlib, tensorflow, pytorch).
- Interpersonal skills: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]