- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary degree
- 6+ years of Recruiting and/or HR experience
- 2+ years’ experience leading a team
- Experience building, coaching and managing a recruiting team
- Experience managing dispersed recruiting/sourcing teams
- Experience working with recruiting tools and systems, including resume databases, internet sourcing tools, and spreadsheets
The Principal Engineering Research Team (PER) is building a research team that will align to high volume, SDE2 hiring. We are seeking a Research Recruiting Manager with strong sourcing knowledge and people development skills. This manager will hire and onboard a research team dedicated to SDE2 talent mapping and market intelligence to generate SDE2 prospects to increase overall hiring velocity.
The Manager of Research and Candidate Development will lead the PE Recruiting Research team aligned to Pathfinder to create and operate high impact and strategic top of funnel initiatives that drive quality engagement with external prospects. The Research Manager will be data driven and innovative in their approach to talent mapping and candidate generation. You will develop scalable mechanisms to audit and inspect the talent pipeline and produce detailed reports that surface talent trends to inspire your team to quickly act on market intelligence. You will be passionate about hiring great talent, known as deep talent subject matter experts in various technical domains, and building excellent teams, and will have a track record of doing so at – or for – high growth technology companies. You will look for ways to optimize search practices to meet business demand.
In this role, you will partner with recruiting partners and business leaders. The Research Manager should be customer-centric and known for their strong business acumen, a unique understanding of the core business dynamics, markets and economic considerations that affect their clients’ businesses and growth dependencies. This is a great role for someone who shares Amazon’s belief that the success of a Company is determined by its employees; who is passionate about bringing the best senior, diverse talent to Amazon; and who is excited about leading initiatives to scale and improve the effectiveness of a team.
- Drive sourcing capability & capacity across a geographically dispersed team within North America to proactively build diverse candidate pools while leveraging all available talent channels to expedite the recruitment of technology role such as SDE’s. · Operate existing, and build new, research channel programs, recruiting processes, and mechanisms to engage external SDE2 technical talent, accelerate, and diversify hiring from the research channel.
- Partner with key stakeholders (Recruiting Managers, and Hiring Managers) to determine future talent needs and set and drive enabling sourcing strategies; this requires a deep understanding through extensive market research of the channels where we can find the best, diverse talent who fit our technical and cultural demands.
- Build engage, manage and develop a team of high-performing staff in an extremely fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Set team performance goals and metrics, timelines and a formal tracking process to measure and manage progress.
- Develop and operationalize reporting mechanisms that yield thematic and actionable insights.
- Develop and execute to plans to identify and drive productivity improvements that enable the team to deliver to hiring goals without having to scale deployed resources at a rate faster than the business is growing.
- Experience managing senior staff and/or staffing managers
- Organized and pragmatic; thrives in a results oriented environment
- Skilled at partnering with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with an ability to manage customer/partner expectations through a deep understanding of ROI
- Experience creating, measuring and scaling workflow between Candidates, Hiring Managers and the Recruiting team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability using data to influence senior business leaders, directs, and stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.