- 5+ years of relevant experience in Forecasting, Demand Planning, Collaborative Planning Forecast Replenishment (CPFR), Allocation, Distribution, and/ or Inventory Management
- Experience presenting to Senior Leadership
Amazon is looking for a leader to fill the position of Retail Planning Manager for its portfolio of device and accessories products. This planning position plays an important role for our organization in driving analytical insights and decisions with our retail partners.
The mission of our Worldwide Planning organization is to deliver the most accurate forecasts, inventory targets and allocation plans to ensure every customer is able to purchase the product they want, when and where they want it. In order to achieve this, our team develops and uses optimization tools, advanced statistical models, machine learning algorithms and big data solutions, so we can provide the Device organization with a detailed sales and strategic plan that outlines the opportunities and risks for our customers.
As the Retail Planning Manager, you own and manage the joint business planning with our strategic retail partners and are the subject matter expert for demand planning, promotions, in-stock, allocation, and planning processes. Specifically, the Retail Planning Manager has the following responsibilities:
- Management of our end-to-end planning processes and workflows with our strategic retailers
- Initiate and coordinate collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment discussions with retail partners
- Create and implement inventory allocation strategies to maximize sales, inventory placement, turns, and customer experience.
- Own and communicate demand insights and supply allocation plans to key cross functional internal stakeholders
- Management and ownership of the total product life-cycle from new product launch to end of life.
- Engage internal cross-functional teams (Sales, Logistics, Supply Chain, Data Science) to ensure that inventory strategies have alignment, and are executed to meet customer demand.
- Continuously improve key end-to-end planning performance indicators from Forecast MAPEs, order fulfillment, to customer on-time delivery
- Master of Business Administration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical abilities, and high proficiency creating and managing advanced models
- Outstanding attention to detail, without losing sight of the big picture
- Ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence and inspire action in others, with or without a direct reporting line.
- Experience managing demand and supply initiatives and program/process improvement teams
- Experience in designing and/or implementing Planning, Allocation, or Forecasting systems.
- Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.