The Medical Records Retrieval Representative /Risk Adjustment Representative 2 travels to provider offices within the region and scans medical records into a secure system.
- The records are reviewed by Humana’s Coding staff.
- Research claims and provider information
- Travel up to 80% of the time, and will consist of driving to locations close to your home
- 10% overnight travel
- Use a laptop computer and a portable scanner to retrieve medical records which will be uploaded into a database.
- Schedule appointments and visits to physician offices in a timely, efficient manner to meet all deadlines.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 or more years Customer Service experience in a healthcare environment
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Must have reliable transportation
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of computers, or a demonstrated technical aptitude and an ability to quickly learn new systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to travel locally up to 80% of the time. Reside close to Philadelphia
- Ability to travel overnight occasionally
- Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role). A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 10×1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload)
- This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100/300/100 limits
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge and experience in health care environment/managed care (provider office, billing, coding, medical records, etc.)
- Familiarity with medical terminology and/or ICD-10 codes
- EMR experience
If you have additional questions regarding this role posting, please send them to the Ask A Recruiter persona by visiting go/Buzz and searching Ask A Recruiter! Please be sure to provide the requisition number so we may be able to research your request quicker.
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an interviewing technology called Montage Text Messaging to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. This allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule. If you are selected to move forward, you will receive a text correspondence inviting you to participate in a Text Message screen. You should anticipate this interview to take about 5 to 10 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to the next round of interviews.
In order to support the CDC recommendations on social distancing and reduce health risks for associates, members and public health, Humana is deploying virtual and video technologies for all hiring activities. This position may be subject to temporary work at home requirements for an indefinite period of time.
These requirements include:
- Access to a personal computing device with a camera, a minimum internet connection speed of 10m x 1m
- Dedicated secure home workspace for interview or work purposes.
- Humana continues to monitor the situation, and will adjust service levels as the corona virus situation evolves. The following changes are temporary and will be evaluated frequently with the goal of returning to normal operations as soon as possible. Your Talent Acquisition representative will advise on the latest recommendations to protect your health and well-being during the hiring process.
Internal only- If you have additional questions regarding this role posting, please send them to the Ask A Recruiter persona by visiting go/Buzz and searching Ask A Recruiter! Please be sure to provide the requisition number so we may be able to research your request quicker.
Scheduled Weekly Hours