Angel Oak Capital Advisors is a part of Angel Oak Companies, a collective of independent and diversified financial services firms, offering unique and specialized fixed-income expertise. We work with institutions and individual investors to deliver asset management, lending and consulting services, focused on finding new opportunities and better solutions.
ASAP – mid December (could potentially extend through Spring semester)
Angel Oak Capital Advisors, LLC (“AOCA”, or the “Firm”) is a premier fixed income asset manager, located in Atlanta, GA.
AOCA is looking for an intern in its risk management department. The intern will assist with day to day risk management reporting, monitoring and data collection processes.
- Leverage technical knowledge to build and maintain technology solutions for the risk management infrastructure in order to improve productivity and accuracy.
- Assist valuation process by maintaining a high level of integrity of the valuation policies and procedures
- Perform trading counterparty reviews by collecting supporting documents and tracking the status of 100+ counterparties.
- Organize issues and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with hard deadlines.
- Work cross-functionally and support various teams with data and findings.
- Work closely with Senior Analyst to provide support for valuation-based request and address them independently.
- Candidate must be at least a junior/senior with a major or minor in business, accounting, finance or associated field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use and application of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- 1+ years of experience with databases and practical experience with Python and SQL.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, and other departments.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities without close supervision.
- Ability to perform tasks and achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and precision.
Major in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related fields.
Angel Oak Capital Advisors provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.