- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil)
- 3+ years experience in the distribution or manufacturing field with equivalent experience in the mechanical or electrical field.
- 2+ years of experience in project management and implementation with a proven ability to design workable solutions and drive successful projects results.
- Experience within the areas of Greenfield infrastructure building and construction
Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) is hiring for Launch Program Managers in the Northeast Region!
Amazon’s mission is to be the earth’s most customer-centric company with a unique culture built on pioneering into unknown and new frontiers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented and driven people who find fulfillment through making the impossible commonplace.
The RME Launch Program Manager supports the construction, equipment installation, and launch of new Amazon Logistics (AMZL) facilities to provide customers with an incredible package delivery experience through the last mile of the order.
This position will require 80% travel. It needs to be located in Virtual New York or Virtual Massachusettes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Travel up to 80% of the time
- Manage projects, provide progress reports and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for significant milestones and mitigate conditions affecting project cost or schedule
- Coordinate staffing for new facilities and facilitate safety/technical training and other professional development initiatives for RME technicians
- Understand, implement and audit safety programs and OSHA compliance
- Develop standard design modules and provide technical advice for installation and maintenance; verify compliance through operation readiness testing
- Lead installation and operation quality inspections and equipment commissioning for material handling/base building equipment; drive continuous improvement
- Support construction and launch execution teams; must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- Ensure equipment/parts inventory are procured, received, verified and tracked in CMMS; identify opportunities to improve costs and efficiencies
- Review site design and identify unique requirements for manpower, equipment or supplies
- Develop facility launch plans and provide guidance and direction for the successful implementation of those plans.
- Provide support for hazard evaluations and risk assessments to comply with applicable OSHA, NFPA, and IEEE requirements or methodologies
- Capture lessons-learned and develop/execute action plans to improve quality or efficiency of new facility launches
- Six Sigma/Project Management certification (PMP or equivalent)
- Proven communication skills, including the proven ability to effectively manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet organizational capacity needs
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- High attention-to-detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.