At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Help build the best rotary wing training devices. Training & Professional Services (T&PS) within Boeing Global Services (BGS) Longbow Crew Trainer (LCT) and MH-139 Operational Flight Trainer (OFT) program is seeking a Rotorcraft Training Systems Test Pilot SME to help complete the system design, integration, and test for the Apache LCT program, MH-139 OFT program and other trainers in Hazelwood, MO.
- Assist in determining and developing of technical approaches, products and processes
- Seeks out additional work / assists in generating new business across the enterprise
- Assists in driving continuous improvement to ensure our team consistently meets or exceeds planned cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality targets including Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Integrate team activities with other cross functional teams across numerous programs with internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in developing and nurturing a team culture that increases internal communication, expands collaboration, and on meeting contractual commitments
- Assists in developing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders (internal & external), peers and partners
- Assists in managing document design and updating of Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPrs), Test Documentation to include Test Logs, Discrepancy Reports (DRs), Test Reports, Trainer Readiness
- Reviews and guides less experienced engineers in performance of day-to-day operations
- Assists in assuring cost, time effective, creative solutions and disposition of field issues to ensure customer satisfaction
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. secret clearance Post Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience developing Test Plans, Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs), maintaining Test Logs, and creating/ delivering briefings
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 25% of the time
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime and occasional weekends when necessary
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in weapon system integration
- Tracked as a Pilot-in-Command, Instructor Pilot or Maintenance Test Pilot
- Experience in leadership either formally or informally leading teams in a development environment
- Basic knowledge and background in utility, heavy-lift or attack helicopter operations as a Pilot
- Experience in attack helicopter operations as a Pilot, Maintenance Test Pilot or Instructor Pilot in the AH-64D/E aircraft
- Experience in utility helicopter operations as Pilot or Pilot-in-Command in the MH-139/AW-139
- Experience in the operational employment of the Longbow Crew Trainer (LCT) Instructor Operator Station (IOS)
- Familiarity with employment of military utility-type helicopters and operations
- Familiarity with test procedure and test plan design
- Technical Bachelor’s degree or higher
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years’ related work experience, Master+7 years’ related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.