Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on making a difference by being customer obsessed, diverse yet inclusive and thinking as one Microsoft.
The Worldwide Incentive Compensation (WWIC) team mission is to Enable Strategy, Motivate Sellers, Reward Results. In pursuit of this mission our team designs, implements, and delivers variable incentive-based sales compensation plans for more than 25,000 sellers, sales leaders, and consultants across Microsoft.
The Sales Compensation Analyst leads conversations for Enabling and Executing Decisions through a Logical Data Driven conversation and a One Microsoft approach to success. In addition, the Analyst is responsible for providing business insights based upon performance of sellers to field/segment leaders and executives, business partnering with field/segments on Incentive Compensation topics, driving continuous process improvement through review and analysis of incentive compensation performance and their effectiveness. The results driven by the Incentive Compensation Analyst will be highly visible and the subject matter of executive deliberations – this requires the individual to be extremely articulate in communication, both written and verbal, and must be able to support answering question from business partners.
The ideal candidate excels at data analysis and modeling, cross team collaboration and has passion to dive into the details to generate insights and help guide the business. The candidate brings a keen eye while applying a cost-benefit consequence of every action, they can formulate creative and practical decisions in times of ambiguity. The candidate must also have proven ability to work effectively in a large, cross-geography, cross-business virtual team environment.
If you see yourself as part of a team that works cross functional within Microsoft, partners with stakeholders up to EVP level? Then this role in Worldwide Incentive Compensation may just be right for you!
- Partner within the WWIC organization in conjunction with the Plan Design, Implementation Teams, externally with Finance, Business Groups/ Segments in the development and landing of Sales Compensation plans.
- Research and provide analysis to support the development of insights across geographies and business segments for future improvements.
- Lead the development of insights of historical and anticipated business results to inform the final recommendations and approvals of plan designs.
- Proactively engage across WWIC to drive improvements through organizational knowledge and deep understanding of business performance.
- Develop metrics and reports to assess effectiveness of incentive designs, quality, and effectiveness of quotas.
- Lead the process of creating recommendations through insights and modelling for stakeholder reviews, future design cycles.
- 2+ years of experience in Sales Compensation, HR or People Analytics, Finance, Economics, Investment Banking, Financial Actuary in a related industry required
- Advanced Modeling: ADX, SQL and Excel modeling skills, knowledge in R preferred (statistical experience)
- Logical Reasoning: Ability to solve problems by applying Econometrics (Mathematical, Statistical and Computer Science thinking)
- Analytical Problem Solving – Using thought leadership (and data) to systematically consider end to end implications of problems and develop potential solutions.
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, or Engineering or equivalent required; MBA or Masters a plus
- Confidence – Acts confidently in uncertain circumstances, works effectively in ambiguous situations, ability to engage stakeholders up to EVP level in compensation principles and discussions.
- Leadership – Ability to manage your own portfolio or Segment group, including full autonomy for engagement and driving desired results.
- Trusted Advisor – Probes the expressed and unexpressed needs of clients and peers to understand underlying issues and develop proactive and coherent plans to resolve these in a timely manner.
- Multi-Task – Ability to prioritize and function well in a dynamic and ambiguous environment. Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with delivery deadlines.
Communicate – Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of levels (oral, written and in person).
Influence – Ability to influence without authority.
- Executive Presence – interpersonal skills, including presentations across all levels of a matrix organization.
- Detail Oriented – Outstanding attention to detail with maturity in managing a global segment across stakeholder groups.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.