Trauma/CMF: DePuy Synthes Trauma offers a comprehensive portfolio of trauma care solutions for the treatment of the simplest to the most complex trauma injuries using traditional and minimally invasive techniques.
- Prospecting and Planning: Identify and qualify prospective surgeons and accounts. Develop and execute account or surgeon-specific plans and selling strategies to grow sales and convert new business.
- Achieves Business Plan objectives including territory and new product quotas through meeting growth objectives
- Product Sales: Drive product sales for all assigned products within an assigned territory or set of named accounts. Uses product and customer knowledge to present, demonstrate, and ensure proper utilization of products
- Customer Relationships: Gain access to the right surgeons and buyer points within an account. Build effective customer relations with key surgeons, operating room personnel and other pertinent hospital personnel.
- Case Coverage: Maintain appropriate surgeon/resident contact with all prospects or newly converted customers. Routinely provide support to surgeons and OR personnel during surgical cases
- Customer Care: Strive to improve patient care. Service customer as a problem solver and maintain excellent response time and follow-up. Routinely educate Surgeons, OR and Central Supply Personnel through in-services and workshops
- Inventory Management: Maintain sales equipment and promotional materials in proper condition and uses them to support territory efforts
- Handle competitive threats with appropriate sense of urgency
- Actively promote new or special emphasis products and strategic selling objectives
- Implement plans to achieve a balanced product sales mix in assigned territory
Required Minimum Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college OR:
[in lieu of Bachelor’s degree]
Associate’s degree, or surgical tech / highly specialized medical training/ certification (e.g. Medical Sales College) plus four (4) years of relevant experience in clinical, hospital, or surgical environments
[in lieu of Bachelor’s degree]
At least eight (8) years of orthopedic sales experience
- The ability to work in a lab/operating room environment.
- A valid driver’s license issued in the United States
- The ability to travel which may include weekend and/or overnight travel.
- Residence in or willingness to relocate to the posted territory.
- Strong interpersonal communication, negotiation, influencing, strategic thinking, problem solving, and business acumen skills required.
- Experienced in data analysis and have excellent problem-solving skills
- Results orientation/sense of urgency; ability to drive to tight timelines
- Internal and external customer focus
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Ability to work in matrix and team structure
- High level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret, communicate and work in complex environment
- Understanding of human anatomy and physiology
- Strong technical product knowledge of surgical instruments, procedures, protocols and solutions preferred
- Three (3)+ years of previous experience in one of the following: healthcare sales experience or hospital/operating room experience, or clinical experience in orthopedic sports medicine.
- Track record of building a successful territory
- Selling experience in Trauma, Spine, Orthopedic Sports Medicine, Extremities, or Neurology strongly preferred.
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)